Thursday, August 16, 2007
IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix Class - Crescent Lake, Oregon on August 24 - 26, 2007
Beginning on August 24 and going through August 26, 2007, the IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix course is being offered.
Below is listed some of the particulars for the course.
Advanced Recreational Trimix Diver
1. This Program is designed to extend the diver’s knowledge in the use of EANx for Sport diving. It further develops diving skills and provides a greater understanding of the EANx concept of diving. It is also intended to supplement the skills of recreational trimix divers.
2. The Program employs EANx mixes from 21% to a maximum of 50% oxygen. For divers qualified as recreational Trimix Divers mixtures of a minimum of 28 % oxygen combined with a Helium content that maintains an END no greater than 80 fsw (24 msw) may be used.
3. This program qualifies divers to perform Trimix Dives outside of training up to 150 fsw (45 msw) and perform decompression stops required dives up to 15 minutes using EAN 50 as a decompression gas.
1. Must be qualified as an IANTD Recreational Trimix Diver with proof of a minimum of 30 logged dives or sufficient experience to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
2. Must be a minimum of 15 years of age with a parent or guardian authorization, or a minimum of 18 years of age without guardian approval.
1. IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix Student Manual and Workbook, or equivalent text(s) approved in writing by the Board of Directors (written approval will be issued by IAND, Inc./IANTD World Headquarters).
D. Program Content
1. All Lecture and theory material must be completed.
2. This Program must include a minimum of 120 minutes of OW bottom time completed within 4 dives, 2 of which must be to depths between 100 fsw (30 msw) and 150 fsw (45 msw). If combined with a Deep Diver Program, the total dive time for both Programs must include a minimum of 160 minutes completed within 6 or more dives. Even if the time and skill requirements are met within fewer than 6 dives, the minimum 6 dives must be made. If combined with a Deep Diver Program 3 dives must be made to depths between 100 fsw (30 msw) and 150 fsw (45 msw). All dives deeper than 80 fsw (24 msw) must be made on recreational trimix mixtures.
3. Students are taught the use of Recreational trimix mixtures from 25% to a maximum of 40% oxygen and with a helium content with an END no greater than 80 fsw (24 msw) for diving. EANx mixtures in the range of 41% to a maximum of 50% oxygen are used to for safety and decompression stops.
E. Equipment Requirements
1. A safety or decompression gas cylinder (if used) rigged as either a pony or stage cylinder. Gas cylinders must be oxygen clean and oxygen serviceable where needed.
F. Program Limits
1. There may be no more than 4 students per Instructor. This ratio may be increased by 2 students for each assisting IANTD Divemaster, up to a maximum of 8 students with 2 IANTD Divemasters per class session.
2. No dives may be conducted to depths greater than 150 fsw (45 msw).
3. All dives must be conducted using EANx (maximum 40% oxygen). A higher EANx (maximum 50% oxygen) may be used at the decompression or safety stops.
4. All appropriate safety or required decompression stops must be performed.
5. Mandatory decompression stops are limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.
6. No dives made me made with a PO2 greater than 1.6.
G. Water Skills Development
1. A confined water session must be completed before conducting any OW dives.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of dive techniques and employ precision buoyancy control.
a. Swim in a simulated out-of-air situation (without breathing, and exhaling slowly) without a mask for a distance of at least 45 feet (15 meters), and commence gas sharing; or appropriate Rebreather gas management drill for out-of air diver. While gas sharing, swim for 3 minutes, then replace and clear mask.
Revision Date August 15, 2003
Copyright 2003 by IAND, Inc. / IANTD All Rights Reserved "The Leader in Diving Education"
Confined Water: yes
Number of Dives: 4 dives
Bottom Time: 120 minutes
Depth Limit: 150 feet
Dives to Specific Depths: 2 dives between 100 and 150 feet
IANTD Text: IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix Student Manual and Workbook
Text Costs: $35
Certification Fees: $25
Instructor Fees: $495
Gear rental, additional required student manuals, required tables and charts, boat fees, entry fees to dive sites, travel fees, gas fills, etc. are extra and are not included in the listed fees.
Link at www.omnidivers.com/iantdrecreationaltrimixclass.html