Sunday, October 22, 2006
DAN Business Membership Program for 2006
Dear Conrad and Phil,
First off let me say welcome to your new location to our DAN Business Membership Program for 2006 in Klamath Falls, Oregon. We will send your Welcome Packet that includes the DAN flag, the 2 free membership coupons, more DAN Brochures, and lots of other handy materials that you should be receiving in the mail shortly. Your new Business Membership Dependent (aka: BIZZ D) location ID number is 1836477.
To make sure you understand some of the most important benefits to your membership, I’ve highlighted them below:
1. FREE DAN Membership
- This seems to be one of our most popular benefits of DAN Business Members, you receive two free individual membership coupons ($58 value). Which you may use these yourself, or give them away. I know some dive centers give them to their instructors, while others use them in raffles. Membership is also a prerequisite for purchasing DAN dive accident insurance.
2. Web Listing-Exposure to New Customers via DAN's 200,000-plus Members
- Your business will receive a listing in the Dive Business Directory on the DAN website. Included can be a hotlink to your website, bring more traffic to your website (or if you don't have one this can create a presence for you on the internet for new customers searching for dive business in your area.
- Because you're on the frontline in the diving community we're asking for your help to promote DAN to your staff, students and customers. Letting them know about the different services we provide: 24-hour diving emergency hotline, medical information line, dive medical research. These are supported in part by the DAN Membership (listed above). As a DAN business member you will be rewarded for your efforts. When you refer people who have never been DAN Members before, you will receive points. How many points will you earn?
1 point for every new DAN Membership,
1 point for new Standard or Master Plans,
2 points for new preferred plans, and
1 point for every 10 Student Members. (The Student Member program is FREE to you!)
So what can you get with points? The new Rewards Program allows you to redeem your points to buy every product DAN sells. You can also use your points to pay for your next Business Membership renewal. You will have two years to accrue points before they expire. Points can be redeemed any time of the year.
Here is the custom link that goes to a DAN Membership Application. When your customers use this link, that you put on your website, your Business Membership Number is automatically entered. This is a great way to assure you received points for new members using electronic applications.
1) Place a link on your website:
2) Visitors click from your site to DAN's New Membership Application.
3) If they join, you earn valuable points! Points are awarded for new memberships only.
· You can download a DAN logo to use with your link if you don't already have one.
· Here are some examples of how other Business Members have used it. http://www.omnidivers.com/ http://www.a1scuba.com/
4. Best Pricing
-You will receive the best pricing on DAN products. You can take advantage of Quantity Pricing on products and training materials. You'll also be able to then increase your revenues by selling DAN products. The price list and product fliers will inform you of your special Business Member discounts. Our retail products have great retail margins when ordering in quantity. You will notice a great discount on student workbooks.
- If you wish to place purchase orders or be invoiced, please fill out and return the credit application that you will see in the benefits packet that will arrive soon.
5. Recognition Material
-As a business member you will also receive a certificate and window decals that you can display to show your customers that you support diving safety. You will also get a DAN Dive Flag or the DAN Medical FAQ Book, Subscription to Alert Diver, On Board and HighViz Newsletters and 25 DAN rental tank stickers. Your Business Membership number is printed on your statement and certificate. Be sure to write or stamp this number on all your brochures. This is how you collect points for free DAN products like the O2 kits.
6. Diver Identification System
- With DAN’s Diver Identification System (DIDS), Dive Masters will always know how many divers have returned safely from their dive and how many are still enjoying the dive. Check out the flyer you’ll find in your packet and fax it to me to receive your free DIDS board (free shipping in the continental 48 States).
7. Dedicated Toll-Free Hotline
- Do you have a question about our programs or need help placing an order? Call our dedicated toll-free number at 1-877-532-6776 and speak to one of our Business Membership Representatives today.
8. Dedicated E-mail Address
- As a Business Member, you can send your questions and comments directly to: BizMember@DiversAlertNetwork.org
9. Trip Insurance Custom Link
- You will only receive incentive amounts on policies sold through the custom link.
- You will also be sent trip insurance brochures to hand out to your travelers and divers.
- The is a cash incentive.
- You must be a legal US, Canadian, Guam , or Puerto Rican citizen to purchase trip insurance.
10. Want to learn more about DAN and know how to have DAN help you improve your business?
- DAN now has four brief web-based education seminars that talk about DAN Membership, DAN Business Membership, Student Membership and the Trip Insurance Incentive Program. Each of these programs includes vital information for business owners and dive instructors. They show you ways that affiliating with DAN can make you more successful.
- Leading a trip? Take advantage of the Trip Insurance Incentive Program for Business Members. Want to sell DAN products? Business Membership can show you how to get quantity discounts. Teaching open water students? Use the Student Membership program to protect them and earn points. Even the DAN Membership overview gives you additional details on DAN Membership that you probably didn’t know. This can help when you are promoting DAN Membership and insurance to your divers and is another great way to earn points.
-Take advantage of each the following programs. They are short and free. And may even help your bottom line. Click here to see any of the 4 seminars: http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/training/instructors/seminars.asp
Please let me know if you have any questions or if there’s anything else I can do to help.
Samara Merrill / Business Memberships
Divers Alert Network
6 W. Colony Place
Durham, NC 27705
Phone: 919-684-2948 ext. 224